FSFA Cup 2019
FootySimulator - FSFA Cup 2019
The FootySimulator FA Cup 2019 is a virtual tournament run on a knockout basis.
Features of the tournament are as follows :
- Pure knockout format. All fixtures are played on a best of 1 basis. A team is eliminated from the
competition by a single defeat.
- Traditional FA Cup rules. Matches last 90 minutes and take place on the ground of the team drawn first.
If a game ends in a draw, a replay takes place on the ground of the team drawn second. If the scores in the replay
are level, 30 minutes extra time is played. If the scores are still level, a second replay takes place on a
neutral ground. Extra time will be played if necessary. If scores are still level after this, a third replay
will be played on a neutral ground. And so on until a winner is determined. Semi finals and final will take place
on a neutral ground and will go into extra time in the first match.
In a huge change from previous years, all teams enter the competition by Round 2 (last 128 stage).
There are 100 seeded teams. These teams are exempt until Round 2.
Round 1 consists of 28 ties featuring 40 teams ranked outside the top 100 of the FootySimulator World Rankings
and 16 teams that reached Round 3 of the FSFA Vase. Round 1 features an open draw.
The unseeded teams (of which there are 119) are whittled down to 40 using 2 preliminary rounds. The top 40 of these
teams are exempt from the 1st Preliminary Round and join the 40 survivors of that in the 2nd Preliminary Round.
- Open Draw. Any team may draw any other team regardless of seeding, geographical location or political issues.
- The teams. FSFA Cup 2019 comprises a record 287 teams. 68 of these entered the FSFA Vase which acts as a direct qualifying
competition for the FSFA Cup.
These include all the teams that are affiliated to FIFA or a FIFA-recognized confederation.
There are also a number of teams that have competed in non-FIFA competitions such as the Island Games, and the CONIFA World Cup.
These teams entered our 2019 FSFA Vase competition.
- The Format. Round 2 consists of 128 teams and from this point the competition is a straight knock-out.
The earier rounds are described in the Seeding section.
Changes for 2019
There has been a major change for 2019. All teams enter the competition by the last 128 stage.
The total entry consists of 287 teams, 68 of whom will be playing in the FSFA Vase. Northern Mariana Islands
switch back from the FSFA Vase to the Preliminary rounds of the FSFA Cup. 16 teams from the FSFA Vase qualify directly to Round 1.